Find us on facebook

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dad's birthday playlist!

Today I have to make a break between the posts I'm preparing on books, concerts and the Primavera Sound Festival for one very special reason: it's my dad's birthday. You should know how much I love my parents by now. They are amazing. I'm very grateful for being able of sharing many things with them. In particular, my father gave me the most incredible gift: he gave me the music (and literature). This is a little homage to him, a playlist with some of "his" songs, the ones I grew with. Thanks dad. Happy birthday!

1. Where the Streets Have No Name- U2
The band that passed from father to son.
2. Fortunate Son- Creedence Clearwater Revival 
My father looked like John Fogerty when he was young.
3. Me’n Vaig a Peu- Joan Manel Serrat 
My favourite song from his favourite singer-songwriter.
4. Sultans of Swing- Dire Straits 
The most played song at home, at the loudest volume.
5. Moondance- Van Morrison 
6. I Heard It Through the Grapevine- Marvin Gaye
7. Wonderful Life- Black
8. Angie- The Rolling Stones
9. Insurrección- El Último de la Fila
His favourite Spanish band with Triana.
10. Living in America- James Brown
What a great song to be played while driving fast on a car.
11. For What It's Worth (Stop, Hey What's that Sound)- Buffalo Springfield
Yes, my father is part of "Forrest Gump's" Soundtrack generation.
12. Hurricane- Bob Dylan
Another one that his eldest son took from his collection.
13. Abre la Puerta- Triana
14. Take the Long Way Home- Supertramp
15. A Whiter Shade of Pale- Procol Harum
16. Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd
17. Soul Man- Sam & Dave
18. Tears in Heaven- Eric Clapton
19. Pájaros de Barro- Manolo Garcia
20. Nights in White Satin- The Moody Blues
21. (Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay- Otis Redding 
What a song, what an incredible song...
22. Going Home (Theme from Local Hero)- Mark Knopfler


No comments:

Post a Comment