Find us on facebook

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Indie Anthology 18: essential songs

Next chapter of the Anthology, with a fantastic band from Scotland, one of the most "prestigious" world indie "factories" (I know, still have pending the blog's tribute to the country), who, among their line-up, included a very special singer for me. Hope you like it!

Song: Coming In From the Cold
Artist: The Delgados
Year: 2002

It took me a while, honestly. At the beginning of 2000 I was introducing myself into Belle & Sebastian, so the Motherwell band was quickly overlooked (never got into "The Great Eastern"). But a couple of years after, "Coming In From the Cold" appeared. Yeah, let's admit that's when I really discovered Emma Pollock's voice, in my opinion an unbelievably underrated singer. Her, and of course the spectacular hook of the tune, anthem-calibre, breathtaking indiepop. Some more great songs followed (although their albums as a whole have never reached yet) always with Emma taking leading vocals or in her solo career. What a superb, affecting singer, at least for me, she is.   

No comments:

Post a Comment