|Stellular's about to land,|
the voice is back
2. Two sophomore albums from two mesmerizing bands that you SHOULD see live if you have the chance. After the mighty ‘Land’, Novella returns to action with ‘Change of State’, scheduled for mid-February, with the first tunes setting the bar as high as expected. And Desperate Journalist will follow with ‘Grow Up’, arriving in late March, a record that should confirm them as one of the bands to follow devotedly.
|Filthy Friends, let's talk (again) about the passion...|
|Delightful pop stings granted...|
6. Want more? Here’s a second take, courtesy of the great label El Genio Equivocado: Cosmen Adelaida, Ghost Transmission and Grushenka. Add the usual wise ears of the folks running labels like Discos de Kirlian, Pretty Olivia or La Castanya (Beach Beach is also back right?) and the year couldn’t look brighter. And yes, I know there’s some band from Granada set to return too...
7. Time for live music now. Our first VIDA! And with my beloved Real Estate presenting new album? All we have heard about the Festival’s vibes are excellent, so we are really excited about going down to Vilanova i la Geltrú!
8. And another Primavera Sound Festival ahead, this time with all the line-up unveiled and several mandatory gigs, as usual: Angel Olsen, Mitski, Julia Jacklin, Hamilton Leithauser, Magnetic Fields (new album)… and, finally (space for the drums rattling, it’s a “big finally") Teenage Fanclub! The wait is over...
|22 years after, new waves of sound await us...|
9. What else? Here’s a potpourri of names (concerts, albums, wishes) that come to our minds at the moment of writing this lines. For sure, another Minifestival is scheduled for March, with Cristina Quesada & Andreas Johnson playing in Barcelona (another "big finally"!), plus our dear Linda Guilala, Luke Haines and Neleonard. Will Lisa Hannigan and beloved Beth Orton tour here? Albums from The Luxembourg Signal, Hospitality, The Feelies, Alvvays, Tim Darcy, The Shins, and... Slowdive (is that for real?) should/could arrive. And let us dream about Michael Stipe taking back the mic...
|The end of the world is coming soon (and we know it),|
so please come back before it's too late <3
Granted, many more records, songs, gigs and amazing moments related with music are awaiting us, so let’s 2017 officially (musically speaking) begin!